Monday, January 04, 2010

grandma... look what I have!



In my grandma's apartment is a painting of a girl in a yellow dress. I love this painting. In fact, I've told my grandma that I want her to leave it for me in her will. She has made no such promises, but I still hope that maybe someday she'll change her mind.

Well, I've been wanting to get a puzzle for a few weeks now. I keep seeing these VanGough paintings on puzzles and I have been waiting to buy one. Finally I found some on sale and as I was rumaging through the boxes to find the picture I wanted, I came across this one of a girl in a yellow dress. It looked so familiar and it took me a moment to figure out where I had seen it before. It was the same one as my grandma's! So I couldn't resist. This puzzle will have to do until I can convince my grandma to give me her beautiful painting.





4 comments:

Diana said...

If it's a real Van Gogh, you will be a rich lady!!!

beckalippy said...

Youre funny. Did you go yet to the VanGough museum in Amsterdam?? You HAVE to go. It is a great museum, I think maybe my favorite in all the world.

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, I can't believe you found this puzzle. I hope Grandma reads this so she can see it. Maybe you want to email her to tell her. Love you, Dad

fenn said...

if you get the painting, what will you do with the puzzle?