1. One book that changed your life: Graeme Goldsworthy, Gospel and Kingdom (ok, it looks like I copied Sam on this one, but this was actually the first book on Biblical Theology I read and it totally changed my life)
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: The Bible (or Charles Spurgeons notes on the Psalms- both volumes!)
4. One book that made you laugh: John Brennan, How to survive the Chilean Jungle
5. One book that made you cry: H. Norman Wright, Always Daddy's Girl
6. One book that you wish had been written:I'll read Sam's book: Looking back and moving forward: towards a recovery of reformed catholicity (Sam, let me know when you buckle down and write it yourself)
7. One book that you wish had never been written: Joel Osteen, Become the better you
8. One book you’re currently reading: Michael Goheen, "As the Father has sent me, I am sending you": Lesslie Newbiggin's Missionary Ecclesiology -So freakin interesting!
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Philip Jenkins, The Next Christendom: The Coming of Global Christianity
10. Now tag five people: Um, the only people I know nerdy enough to answer these questions are Sam and James. So anyone who reads this blog (Danielle, Ashlee's mom (??), Justin, Karen, you know who you guys are...) feel free to make use the comment section to make your own list.
Thursday, May 08, 2008
On our last day of class we honored Manny and Sue who have faithfully served the Westminster community for years. They are officially leaving us now to continue their work in Urban Church Planting.
We presented them with some plants. Jenn is posing with Sue and Alvin is... well, let's just say that Alvin is being Alvin. :)