I'm finally sick in bed (this happens when I go too fast for too long) and I want to take the opportunity to post a few thoughts that have been bouncing around in my head for a while.
Since May when I last posted so much has happened.
- I found out that my program with the English institute finishes in October (which means I would be out of work for 3 months till the next year begins).
- I decided to try to move toward doing full time ministry with my church for a year or two which means raising support from friends and family back home.
- I headed home to the USA to witness my dear friend Ashlee get married. I not only got to be in the wedding as a bridesmaid, but I even crashed their honeymoon for a day! I also got the chance to visit them once they were back home and settled into their new apartment.
- I did a somewhat crazy tour of the states, trying to fit as many loved ones into a short 3 week visit.
- I met my sweet adorable and delicious goddaughter! Her mother Michelle is one of my nearest and dearest and I am beyond honored to godmomma her little Arya.
- I spent a few days with my sweet grandma, who is one of my favorite people in the world.
- I had a lot of doors closed with various churches that I had really hoped to have partner with me and my church here. And I had to deal with the disappointment of seeing door after door close, and I had to practice faith that God really does have control of all of this.
- I came back to Chile, and hit the ground running with the new semester of my English program starting two days after I arrived.
- I again have an AMAZING team of teachers working in the program and they make my day every time I get to spend time with them.
- I got offered and accepted a job with an organization called Fundacion Generacion. I'll have a blog post with more information, but I'm really excited about the chance to work with them.
- And that leaves me here, now, sick in bed, missing my weekly church small group because I'm too sick to go out.
So here goes... bring on the blog posts!