Skip to main content

frustration, sofas, and the desires that arise

Today was one of those days when I wish I had a husband. No, it's not Valentines Day. Nope, today was the day my sofa finally arrived. Well, it arrived to the lobby below, where the delivery guy politely informed me that it wouldn't fit in the elevator, so they wouldn't be bringing it to my apartment. Now, before I get ahead of myself, let me start from the beginning.

I bought the sofa a month ago. They told me it would arrive on the 19th of Feb. I waited all day Feb 19th for the sofa to arrive. Nothing. A few days later I recieved a string of phone calls. None of them helpful, but all of them saying that someone else would call me to set up an appointment to have my sofa delivered. So I finally went back to the store and had them call the delivery company. They said it would come the following Saturday.

So I waited in my apartment. Finally I had to leave because I had a commitment to attend to, so I left my keys with the consierge. I got a phone call a while later from the delivery company. They were at my building, but the elevator wasn't working so they weren't going to bring up my sofa. Someone will call me later to make a new appointment. At this point imagine me very angry trying to explain to the guy on the phone that I will NOT wait another day for my sofa. Too bad, so sad, I had no other choice.

They called, and said it would come that Monday. Then they called again, no it won't. It will come on Saturday. I told them it better come before 12pm because I would NOT be waiting in my apartment all day, just waiting for them to come. Oh but I was. Yep, I waiting from 9am to 9pm. So come Monday, today, when I got off work, I went over to the store, AGAIN, and asked to speak to the manager. She apologized and after 20 mins of being on the phone with the delivery company, they finally got it arranged for them to come tonight, sometime after 9pm.

And now, you've all been brought up to speed on the situation. Hence, I'm sitting in my apartment, on the verge of tears from just general exhaustion and not feeling well, And I'm waiting for the two consierges to bring up my sofa.

It's moments like this that I wish I had a husband. I wish I had someone else to take care of all of this. Not even that he would have to do all of it, or do it always, but I wish I just had someone to share the burden with me. Someday, hopefully, maybe.

Comments

Samuel Lago said…
That really sucks. Hang in there!
Unknown said…
you dont need a husband to help with this, just a carlos. husbands dont help all the time. trust me.
i miss you and i cant wait to visit. xoxxo

Popular posts from this blog

a good sign

I live near a long thin park called Parque Forestal. It's really quite a nice park and it has a long stretch of a lane for riding bikes or jogging. And since I have a fear of riding bikes in this city, I jog. It's really pleasent. I usually listen to radioDisney on my mp3 player and jog along to Jonas Brothers, Beyonce, or Julieta Venegas. Great stuff. Yesterday on my jog I noticed that the trees were beginning to change. Fall has finally arrived and I am glad for the change. But as I was jogging through the falling leaves, I began to think about how much I like fall. And I had this special moment when I realized that I want to be here in Santiago, jogging through this park for many falls to come. After the past few weeks of cultural adjustment being a little more painful than normal, this was a nice thought to have.

la musica de chile

For a moment I would liek to ponder the music of Chile. You see, I listen to just about everything (except non-live jazz). Even country, although in this category I limit myself to Dixie Chicks and The Judds (only the old stuff). Here in Chile there is really only a few types of music. One, the corny romantic music that belongs on programs like "Delilah at night". Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I love this type of music. Another type of music is Reggaton (not sure about the spelling, but do I ever spell words correctly?). This is Latin America´s response to Hip Hop. Very good for dancing. I also love the fact that most Reggaton is in Spanglish, my favorite language. There is this other type of music that I like to call the "Corny Electric Piano Musica". Too corny for me and I can only take so much electric piano in one song. I am amazed at how much Englsih music is played here. And people sing to it. they actually know the words, but they have no clue what t

murderous thoughts for cats

I got home from work today, exhausted, only to face the horrible whining of the neighborhood cats outside my window. They used to be really loud, and then in the cold of the winter they disappeared. But now they seem to have returned in full force. I sure hope I can sleep tonight!