Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mi pais

I don't start work for another week or so... so I walk. I walk all around my favorite parts of Santiago. I took the subway quite a bit away and then walked home from there. It was about 2 hours of walking, and I loved it. I love the architecture here. I love the buildings, and the streets, and of course, the castles. Yep. There actually aren't many, but there is one just a block away from my current apartment. It's called Santa Lucia and its a beautiful yellow castle with gardens all around it. It is quite possibly my favorite place in the world. Anyways, I'll share more later, but for now just a quick note to say, I like living here. I like living in Chile, in Santiago, in el centro. I like the life here. There are parts of it that I just am not there yet. Like the way they take long long vacations... but I'll get there. I'm determined to get there. Slowly but surely, this is mi pais.

No comments: