Saturday, March 20, 2010

pais de mi corazon

Recently Ive been missing Chile. I think I've missed it since the day I left, but sometimes I miss it more than others. These past few weeks have been filled with longing for Chile. I miss so many things about the country, and I know that if I return it wont be the same (mainly because I wont have my girls with me!), but I still long to return. Its been three years since I left and I still feel very connected to the country. I've found myself talking more in Spanish these days. I have even begun to read my Spanish bible and try to memorize verses in Spanish. I dont know if I will ever be able to live again in a Spanish speaking country, but I hope so. I still dream of returning to Chile. People have asked me about visiting. No. I dont want to visit. I know that if I go back, Im moving for good. If I try to go for just a visit I will end up breaking my heart when it is time to leave. So I just wait and trust that God's goodness reaches far and wide. I'm starting to think about what will come after my contract with SEA, and while returning to Chile is a bit far fetched (I am still in debt from my loans for seminary) I know that God is good and He has never failed to lead me in my steps.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I need to visit soon. Been missing it BIG TIME as well. If you move there I will visit FOR SURE. Saving up my vacation time at work...I would need at least 3 weeks to make the trip worth it...and I probably wouldn't even leave Providencia/Las Condes/El Centro!! Jajaja

Anonymous said...

Understandably your article helped me altogether much in my college assignment. Hats afar to you dispatch, wish look progressive in behalf of more cognate articles without delay as its anecdote of my choice question to read.