Skip to main content

Birthday Prayer

So today is my birthday.

Yay!

I spent this past week on a roadtrip with my dad and sister. (I will post photos later.) We went upstate to where my dad grew up and then back down to Manhattan for some city life, and finally down to Philly for my graduation from Westminster Theological Seminary. The past two days have been so sweet. Being with this group of people that have meant so much to me over the last two years, reflecting on our time together and how much we have all changed and celebrating this great ending of our time here. From the banquet Wednesday, to going with the old gang to Union Jacks for one last beer, to the actual graduation ceremony, it was a great way to close my two years here. After graduation, my dad, grandma, and sister and I went out to dinner. And then I ended the night with wine and ice cream with my dear friend Hannah Kang. We talked just past midnight, right into my birthday! It was perfect. I am so blessed with amazing friends and while Philadelphia itself doesn't really appeal to me, I am moving back to some amazing people. Today my family and I are driving down to Washington DC to spend some more time with my grandma.
My birthday wish comes from something Hannah and I talked about last night...
I shared with her that my prayer is that God would do His will in my heart. Being in a relationship is a much bigger change in life and ministry than I ever expected. And there are so many fears and insecurities that can pop up. My prayer is that God would do His will in my heart that I might be able to truly worship Him. I have realized how easily I can get distracted from worshiping, even with good things. So I pray that God would do His will in my heart, that I might worship Him, and that my love for other things in life would be fruit of that worship. Lord, may You be glorified in this life You have given me, in the education You have afforded me, in all of the friendships You have bestowed upon me, and in my relationship with Jason. May You receive all the glory, honor, and laud. Thank you for the last 26 years, I have seen you walk beside me along this road thus far, and I trust that You are by my side today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a good sign

I live near a long thin park called Parque Forestal. It's really quite a nice park and it has a long stretch of a lane for riding bikes or jogging. And since I have a fear of riding bikes in this city, I jog. It's really pleasent. I usually listen to radioDisney on my mp3 player and jog along to Jonas Brothers, Beyonce, or Julieta Venegas. Great stuff. Yesterday on my jog I noticed that the trees were beginning to change. Fall has finally arrived and I am glad for the change. But as I was jogging through the falling leaves, I began to think about how much I like fall. And I had this special moment when I realized that I want to be here in Santiago, jogging through this park for many falls to come. After the past few weeks of cultural adjustment being a little more painful than normal, this was a nice thought to have.

la musica de chile

For a moment I would liek to ponder the music of Chile. You see, I listen to just about everything (except non-live jazz). Even country, although in this category I limit myself to Dixie Chicks and The Judds (only the old stuff). Here in Chile there is really only a few types of music. One, the corny romantic music that belongs on programs like "Delilah at night". Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I love this type of music. Another type of music is Reggaton (not sure about the spelling, but do I ever spell words correctly?). This is Latin America´s response to Hip Hop. Very good for dancing. I also love the fact that most Reggaton is in Spanglish, my favorite language. There is this other type of music that I like to call the "Corny Electric Piano Musica". Too corny for me and I can only take so much electric piano in one song. I am amazed at how much Englsih music is played here. And people sing to it. they actually know the words, but they have no clue what t

murderous thoughts for cats

I got home from work today, exhausted, only to face the horrible whining of the neighborhood cats outside my window. They used to be really loud, and then in the cold of the winter they disappeared. But now they seem to have returned in full force. I sure hope I can sleep tonight!