Sunday, January 14, 2007

Rantings on a sunday

Today is Sunday, which means church. I went to church today and was greeted by friends I hadn't seen in quite sometime, and I sang beautiful hymns, and I heard a fairly good sermon about (what a surprise!) the Gospel. And then, like I have wanted for so long, I hung out with the people in my church. We went to lunch and then to one of the guys houses where we watched the Simpsons and played a board game. It was a group of about 12 of us. And it is what I have wanted to see happen for so long. Disclaimer: if you are a part of my church and you are reading this, which there is one person in particular I am thinking of, please don't take this blog too seriously, it is just some thoughts. I say that because I left the group kind of sad. I am not sure why. I am not sure if I was feeling lonliness, or helplessness, or sentimental, or hormonal, or all of the above. But I left the group sad. I saw the Lord bless me today and I felt sad. Odd, isn't it? I have been feeling a lot of different emotions recently, and I have not had my gringas here to listen to my rantings. Come back gringas!

2 comments:

Rach said...

I love listening to your rantings sweetness!! Thank you for always being honest, ESPECIALLY in those times when you're honestly might not be what we necessarily want to hear. Te quiero!

Anonymous said...

I totally do this sort of thing all the time too! Not sure what it is...I think I'm really hormonal and sentimental and sensitive, plus ultimately a solitary person, so even though I can hang out with a big group and have fun and feel blessed, sometimes I'm left with weird feelings too. You'd think I'd understand myself better after 4 years of Psychology but I don't...oh well. Love you, Danielle
P.S. Gringas are coming soon!