Skip to main content

Weekend is coming!

So all my life (well, starting at the age of 9) I have been so blessed to be a part of the Christian camping experience. First as a little camper and then a part of the teen camping, and finally I was actually able to work at a camp for a few years. Winter camp, summer camp, weekend retreats, and adventure camp. And this weekend I will experience my first Chileno Camp. My church is a part of the Anglican community here in Chile and for one weekend a year all the youth groups from Anglican churches go to a Congreso. Basically the weekend will be filled with temas (talks) and tons of fellowship with young Christians from all over the country. I am so excited to see how this works.
I have just been thinking about how God is good. Someone was asking me about how I ended up down here and as I was telling her my story (and placing all the blame of you Kallie!) I realized what a random story it is. And tuesday night as our Gringa girls bible study was sitting in Burger KIng reading and talking about the scriptures I just felt blessed. Exactly a year ago I was sitting on my bed on sunday mornings cryingout to God. I was begging Him not to make me go to church. I was so lonely for fellowship. I had a "family" here, but I needed fellowship. And I had in my mind that God might provide someone who at least I could talk to about God, not that I expected God to provide great fellowship, but just someone. And now a year later I relfected upon those expectations as I sat in Burger King with some of my best friends and we worked through a passage of the bible, talking about its meaning and implications for our lives. And I thought about the friends God has blessed me with here in CHile. And I was hit with the thought that my situation last year is so completely opposite of my situation this year, that no one and nothing can get the credit for it outside of God. I may be social and outgoing, but there is no way i could have found the people God brought into my life. Even my church is a miracle. I was looking for a church, and I had heard about an Anglican church about 45 mins away from my house. And as I was looking up directions to the church, I noticed that there was another Anglican church that was only a 5 minute walk away. And that closer Anglican church is EXACTLY where I am supposed to be. That church has led to friends, to ministry opportunities, even to my job. As much as I think that I am here making choices, deciding what my next step will be, really I cannot look back on the last year and not see that every step was directed by God.
And now I am looking at next year. What will I do? WIll I teach English to kids? Will I teach in an institute? Will I teach in a public school? Will I teach at the Christian school? Will I work in a more administrative job? Will I work for a tourist agency? WHO KNOWS!!! Well, even though my natural tendency is to stress out, I know that my plans are already made. My God knows my plans and He has never failed to lead me. And no matter how grand I imagine my future, His plan is ultimately grander. Sweet.

Comments

Kallie said…
yeah, you are more than welcome to give me the blame for what you consider one of the greatest blessings of your life :) hehe, or should I say jeje. I miss you beckacita. abrazos fuertes

Popular posts from this blog

a good sign

I live near a long thin park called Parque Forestal. It's really quite a nice park and it has a long stretch of a lane for riding bikes or jogging. And since I have a fear of riding bikes in this city, I jog. It's really pleasent. I usually listen to radioDisney on my mp3 player and jog along to Jonas Brothers, Beyonce, or Julieta Venegas. Great stuff. Yesterday on my jog I noticed that the trees were beginning to change. Fall has finally arrived and I am glad for the change. But as I was jogging through the falling leaves, I began to think about how much I like fall. And I had this special moment when I realized that I want to be here in Santiago, jogging through this park for many falls to come. After the past few weeks of cultural adjustment being a little more painful than normal, this was a nice thought to have.

la musica de chile

For a moment I would liek to ponder the music of Chile. You see, I listen to just about everything (except non-live jazz). Even country, although in this category I limit myself to Dixie Chicks and The Judds (only the old stuff). Here in Chile there is really only a few types of music. One, the corny romantic music that belongs on programs like "Delilah at night". Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I love this type of music. Another type of music is Reggaton (not sure about the spelling, but do I ever spell words correctly?). This is Latin America´s response to Hip Hop. Very good for dancing. I also love the fact that most Reggaton is in Spanglish, my favorite language. There is this other type of music that I like to call the "Corny Electric Piano Musica". Too corny for me and I can only take so much electric piano in one song. I am amazed at how much Englsih music is played here. And people sing to it. they actually know the words, but they have no clue what t

murderous thoughts for cats

I got home from work today, exhausted, only to face the horrible whining of the neighborhood cats outside my window. They used to be really loud, and then in the cold of the winter they disappeared. But now they seem to have returned in full force. I sure hope I can sleep tonight!