Skip to main content

what a blessed day

Sometimes I just feel so blessed and then as I think about that, I feel even more blessed just for feeling blessed. For example, today. After teaching at Louis Vuitton I headed over to ReƱca where I played with some adorable children. I then ran my little tucus over to the office of a man who is basically in the top 10 most imnportant people financially here in Chile. I am always a little nervous teaching him since he seems so important, but today as we were in class he asked me what I did during all my time on Micros (buses). I told him that I studied. When he asked what, I replied theology and pulled out the book I had been reading today on Reformation Church History. This of course triggered a conversation anout our beliefs. He being a stout Catholic explained his beliefs to me (practicing his speaking skills of course) and I in turn explained my beliefs (practicing his listening skills). So basically we talked about the Gospel for most of the class. Is there purgatory? Does the Pope have authority? How exactly do we get salvation? it was such a blessing!
So I left that class and walked home singing praise songs the whole way. I got home and there waiting for me was a package, a BIRTHDAY package from my one and only Chubs (for those of you who are wondering who Chubs is, she happens to be one of my best friends whom I met in 7th grade). She had asked me a week or two ago what I wanted from the states and I gave her a detailed list. I was hoping to get one or two of those things, but oh my gosh, she sent every single one and even more!!! I seriously sat in the middle of our living room in disbelief. I certainly don't deserve a friendship like this. I really don't. I am so blessed.
So then Ashlee and I went to Youth Group and I have to say that this group is easily my highlight of each week. Slowly but surely, I am getting to know the girls better and developing frienships with them. And the guys are also warming up. I think I might have scared them at first since I tend to be fairly social(stop laughing at that understatement of the year you guys!). But I think Ashlee and I are getting to the point with these guys that they can tease us like they do the rest of the group. One of the hard cultural restraints is that these kids have grown up together going to church together each week. So tonight was great, full of absolute silliness that you expect from a high school youth group and some good ol' bible talk. And THEN, afterwards, I ended up talking to one of the leaders who I have really wanted to talk to more, but never erally had the chance. We got on the subject of the DaVinci Code and before I knew it, we were talking about the Council of Nicea, Constantine, Gnosticism, and the history of the Anglican Church. WHAT A TREAT! This might sounds wierd, but I am honestly not used to talking to someone who knows or cares about those subjects as I do. So basically the night was a total treat, in fact the whole day was so great. And now we are getting ready to go out. Either kareoke or dancing, the verdict is stil out.

Comments

beckalippy said…
AHHHH DANI!!!!
I cannot believe you! You are amazing!!! So i talked to Ashlee and we are thinking that maybe the first week of October we could do a little minivacation with you???? Does that sound okay? you let me know, okay??? AHHHH!!! I am so excited to see you!!
By the way, i am inviting myself to your house when I come to the states, so I can match your boldness!
LOVE YOU!!
Becka

Popular posts from this blog

a good sign

I live near a long thin park called Parque Forestal. It's really quite a nice park and it has a long stretch of a lane for riding bikes or jogging. And since I have a fear of riding bikes in this city, I jog. It's really pleasent. I usually listen to radioDisney on my mp3 player and jog along to Jonas Brothers, Beyonce, or Julieta Venegas. Great stuff. Yesterday on my jog I noticed that the trees were beginning to change. Fall has finally arrived and I am glad for the change. But as I was jogging through the falling leaves, I began to think about how much I like fall. And I had this special moment when I realized that I want to be here in Santiago, jogging through this park for many falls to come. After the past few weeks of cultural adjustment being a little more painful than normal, this was a nice thought to have.

la musica de chile

For a moment I would liek to ponder the music of Chile. You see, I listen to just about everything (except non-live jazz). Even country, although in this category I limit myself to Dixie Chicks and The Judds (only the old stuff). Here in Chile there is really only a few types of music. One, the corny romantic music that belongs on programs like "Delilah at night". Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I love this type of music. Another type of music is Reggaton (not sure about the spelling, but do I ever spell words correctly?). This is Latin America´s response to Hip Hop. Very good for dancing. I also love the fact that most Reggaton is in Spanglish, my favorite language. There is this other type of music that I like to call the "Corny Electric Piano Musica". Too corny for me and I can only take so much electric piano in one song. I am amazed at how much Englsih music is played here. And people sing to it. they actually know the words, but they have no clue what t

murderous thoughts for cats

I got home from work today, exhausted, only to face the horrible whining of the neighborhood cats outside my window. They used to be really loud, and then in the cold of the winter they disappeared. But now they seem to have returned in full force. I sure hope I can sleep tonight!