Skip to main content

a sad night indeed

I am currently trying to bring down the puffiness in my eyes since I have been crying. Why, we might ask, was I crying? Well, after a week that I thought would never come, I finally spent time with some of my closest friends. Erin and I had some amazing talks as we walked along the beach, Carleigh offered to defend me from a 106 year old man who was mad at me, and Rachel just was her beautiful self. I said goodbye to them tonight as we enjoyed one last ice cream (it was our goal to eat an ice cream each day). And as I hugged each of them goodbye I started to cry. I am just so grateful to have them as friends, but at the same time I feel so much more like my life there in California is so far away. I know these girls will be in my life no matter where we end up, but I am just sad that I cannot have them every day. Well, Ashlee is arriving in a few days so I should be okay, but still... it is just sad.
On a nice note, Sebastian has been so good to me. He invited a bunch of his friends last night over and we went out dancing. It was absolutly a blast! All of my friends loved him and he was sad to see them go. He took us around Santiago today and even let us spend a good few hours shopping. That means that he just hung out with four girls as we walked from one shop to another looking for gifts for friends. And, when the girls took off he let me cry on his shoulder as I said goodbye to them. A lot of guys I think would have ran away as fast as possible, but not this one. He just patiently waited for me to get my tears out and now he is trying to chear me up by making me some pizza (its the Argentinian in him). In any case, it has been a great week and I thank God for these amazing friends He has placed in my life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
sounds like fun! ice cream eh? how is it down there? im going to Cal Poly tommorow so we'll hit up bali's..hmm what other good places are there to eat at slo? hmm for whatever reason the parentals wanted to take your mom out to lunch or dinner when i go to the berkeley thing this tuesday, don't know how that would work..my mom claims its for "networking"...indeed. well i hope you have an incredible day! keep smilin!
Rach said…
Tuve tanta diversion mi amor. Estaba muy triste todo el dia de ayer. Quise venir espalda correcta a tu! Yo le pierdo tanto y yo no puedo esperar para verle otra vez. Pensaba que yo quiza podría venir durante su invierno. Pense las billetes de avion quizas sean menos costoso durante ese tiempo. Vendria solo. Then maybe we could stay in one city and just spend time the two of us...let me know what you think. I had so much fun last week. You are an amazing tour guide, and such a wonderful friend. I am blessed by you. Te quiero.
Anonymous said…
Becka my love!!!! I missed you yesterday . . . it is sad not to have you around. I know what you mean because i know you will always be in my life but i wish i could see you all the time and go dancing with you and have long walks and hear all your opinions about that the bible is saying. And thanks for telling me to do what i am afraid to do. I love you my Chilean Princess. Besos xoxoxo

P.S. oh and some day i will be cool like rachie and be able to write half my comment in spainish too! Or ever the whole thing . .
Anonymous said…
oh yeah the above comment is from me :)

Popular posts from this blog

a good sign

I live near a long thin park called Parque Forestal. It's really quite a nice park and it has a long stretch of a lane for riding bikes or jogging. And since I have a fear of riding bikes in this city, I jog. It's really pleasent. I usually listen to radioDisney on my mp3 player and jog along to Jonas Brothers, Beyonce, or Julieta Venegas. Great stuff. Yesterday on my jog I noticed that the trees were beginning to change. Fall has finally arrived and I am glad for the change. But as I was jogging through the falling leaves, I began to think about how much I like fall. And I had this special moment when I realized that I want to be here in Santiago, jogging through this park for many falls to come. After the past few weeks of cultural adjustment being a little more painful than normal, this was a nice thought to have.

la musica de chile

For a moment I would liek to ponder the music of Chile. You see, I listen to just about everything (except non-live jazz). Even country, although in this category I limit myself to Dixie Chicks and The Judds (only the old stuff). Here in Chile there is really only a few types of music. One, the corny romantic music that belongs on programs like "Delilah at night". Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I love this type of music. Another type of music is Reggaton (not sure about the spelling, but do I ever spell words correctly?). This is Latin America´s response to Hip Hop. Very good for dancing. I also love the fact that most Reggaton is in Spanglish, my favorite language. There is this other type of music that I like to call the "Corny Electric Piano Musica". Too corny for me and I can only take so much electric piano in one song. I am amazed at how much Englsih music is played here. And people sing to it. they actually know the words, but they have no clue what t

murderous thoughts for cats

I got home from work today, exhausted, only to face the horrible whining of the neighborhood cats outside my window. They used to be really loud, and then in the cold of the winter they disappeared. But now they seem to have returned in full force. I sure hope I can sleep tonight!