Skip to main content

Tim Keller

I know my reformed (in the theological sense) are sometimes silly, but really I am jut so encouraged by some of the things I read coming from that circle. I recently started reading some articles from Tim Keller who is a pastor in Philly. Okay, Kallie before you use this as amunition to get me to move to Philly with you... I am not ready for that. But I really like what this man has to say. One of his articles is about the centrality of the Gospel and its basic message is that every part of our lives need to be centered around the Gospel. And it made me think, how is my life changed by the Gospel. All the different parts of my life (talk about modernistic thinking, compartimentalizing my life) should be not jusdt touched, but moved and changed by the Gospel. And what is the Gospel? I have used my own version of Tim Keller's definition of the gospel for years. But here is his: "I am more sinful and flawed than I ever dared believe" (vs. antinomianism)
"I am more accepted and loved than I ever dared hope" (vs. legalism). Such beauty in the Gospel. I trully hope and pray that as I am walking along this road of life, the Lord is refining me to realize more and more just how much I am a forgiven sinner.

You can find articles by Tim Keller at:
http://www.redeemer2.com/resources/index.cfm?fuseaction=tkeller

Comments

Kallie said…
If you're meant to be in Philly w/ me I'm sure He'll do a much better job of making it clear to you than I ever could :) But can I just say a taste of the city made me way excited about moving there!?! History, theology, diversity, art, and lots of brick buildings! Ok I'll stop, but I do have lots to tell you about our whirlwind trip and what I'm probably doing with the time before I start school. For now though, I have to catch some zzz's since tomorrow is one of my long days! Talk to you soon. Abrazos fuertes! Kal
beckalippy said…
Kallie, honey, you cannot tease me with all this!
Okay, i better hear that you are coming out to Chile for your free time...

Popular posts from this blog

a good sign

I live near a long thin park called Parque Forestal. It's really quite a nice park and it has a long stretch of a lane for riding bikes or jogging. And since I have a fear of riding bikes in this city, I jog. It's really pleasent. I usually listen to radioDisney on my mp3 player and jog along to Jonas Brothers, Beyonce, or Julieta Venegas. Great stuff. Yesterday on my jog I noticed that the trees were beginning to change. Fall has finally arrived and I am glad for the change. But as I was jogging through the falling leaves, I began to think about how much I like fall. And I had this special moment when I realized that I want to be here in Santiago, jogging through this park for many falls to come. After the past few weeks of cultural adjustment being a little more painful than normal, this was a nice thought to have.

la musica de chile

For a moment I would liek to ponder the music of Chile. You see, I listen to just about everything (except non-live jazz). Even country, although in this category I limit myself to Dixie Chicks and The Judds (only the old stuff). Here in Chile there is really only a few types of music. One, the corny romantic music that belongs on programs like "Delilah at night". Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I love this type of music. Another type of music is Reggaton (not sure about the spelling, but do I ever spell words correctly?). This is Latin America´s response to Hip Hop. Very good for dancing. I also love the fact that most Reggaton is in Spanglish, my favorite language. There is this other type of music that I like to call the "Corny Electric Piano Musica". Too corny for me and I can only take so much electric piano in one song. I am amazed at how much Englsih music is played here. And people sing to it. they actually know the words, but they have no clue what t

murderous thoughts for cats

I got home from work today, exhausted, only to face the horrible whining of the neighborhood cats outside my window. They used to be really loud, and then in the cold of the winter they disappeared. But now they seem to have returned in full force. I sure hope I can sleep tonight!